Community development in South Sudan has not been taken well due to the over 22 years of civil war. As a result of this many communities are lacking in the proper usage of community resources and skills. MADAA is developing approach to increase Community Capacity through; skill development, sharing and proper usage of the available resources and increasing opportunities for local development.
- Knowledge building: the capacity to enhance skills, development and foster learning.
- Leadership: the capacity to develop shared directions and influence what happens in the regions.
- Network Building: the capacity to form partnerships and alliances with local businesses and NGO operating in the area
- Valuing community and their capacity to work together to achieve their own objectives, e.g. initiating income generating activities.
- Supporting information: the capacity to collect, access and utilize quality information e.g. infant mortality rate